You and your family want to enjoy the outdoors while the summer sun is still warm, but your usual excursions to the local playground or splash park may be starting to feel a little routine. Try one of these five outdoor activities in the Westchester and Fairfield county area, and treat yourself and your kids to a new experience.
- Trinity Cruises offers a variety of boat rides, departing from Peekskill, which explore the beauty of the Hudson River. Longer sight-seeing cruises for adults and older kids, one-hour cruises for families who like to sight-see but need to keep little ones’ naptime schedules in mind, and sunset cruises for those with a later bedtime are all available.
- For adventurous families looking to do something a bit different, with a totally new vantage point of the outdoors, try a hot air balloon ride! Kids will love soaring to new heights, and adults will enjoy the experience of something out of the ordinary.
- Whether you’re an adult who wants to feel the wind in your hair, an adventurous big kid who can’t wait to ride their first horse, or a young child who prefers to pet a horse and watch the fun, Westchester Trail Rides has a variety of experiences to offer.
- Remember your beach trips before you had children? Far flung, sandy beaches in remote locations were always the way to go. But with little ones in tow, you’ll want to explore a beach like Jennings Beach, with a range of services including bathrooms, a concessions stand, and a playground. Kids’ movie nights are on the agenda, too!
- Bartlett Arboretum is a scenic, peaceful environment that’s relaxing for adults, and a learning and exploratory experience for kids, too. Walk through the many trails of this beautiful arboretum with your family, learning about different species of flowers, plants, and trees.
What are your favorite outdoor adventures to be had in the local area? Let us know in the comments section!