The bond between grandparents and their grandchildren is incredibly special. In fact, the dynamic that’s created is so unique it probably doesn’t mirror any other relationship your child has. Here are some handmade gifts to say thank you to the grandmas and grandpas for all that they do!
Make sure you select photos that highlight fun memories for this sweet and practical gift.
- White Ceramic Tiles
- Clear Modge Podge
- Foam Brush
- Clear Acrylic Sealant
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue
- Trim photos down to size to fit the tiles you’ve selected.
- Using a foam brush, apply a thin layer of modge podge to the photo and carefully apply it to the coaster where you want it. Allow the modge podge to dry completely.
- Apply a thin layer of modge podge on top of the photo. Allow to dry and repeat the process another 4 times. Always wipe the modge podge in the same direction as it will leave some texture.
- Once the last layer of Modge Podge is dry (not at all tacky to the touch), spray with the clear spray sealant. Repeat until you are comfortable no condensation will reach the photos.
- Cut felt to size and hot glue it to the bottom of the tile.
Kissing Hand Book and Handprint Poem
This gift is a great way to address how hand being a long distance away from grandparents can be for everyone involved.
- A Copy of The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Crayons, Markers or Colored Pencils
- Pinter Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Kissing Hand Poem:
Here’s a special trick I know.
When I’m sad and scared to go.
Take my hand and kiss it here.
The kiss from you I will hold dear.
Down my hand and up my arm,
Into my heart the kiss goes on
- Print out the poem, leaving an open space on one size.
- Paint your child’s hand and help them carefully press and hold their hand down so it doesn’t smear.
- Allow to dry and decorate to rest of the paper with your chosen art supplies.