As our days get longer and the sun starts to peek through the winter clouds, it can only mean one thing—spring is coming! For those of you with children, that means that spring break is just around the corner. The staff at Child’s World Academy, Monroe’s Top Rated® child care facility is looking forward to spending a week welcoming the change of seasons and the chance to spend as much time outdoors as we can. Are you looking for an enriching childcare center for your young one that encourages creativity and builds character? Stop by our childcare center in Monroe and take a tour of our facility and learn more about our unique curriculum! We look forward to introducing you to your child’s new favorite place!
If you’re fortunate enough to get the chance to spend a few days home with your child, we’ve provided a few fun and creative spring break activities for you and your children to enjoy together in your backyard!
If you’re like the rest of us in Connecticut, you probably went into a bit of a hibernation mode for the last six months once temperatures dropped. Although we’re not completely free of Connecticut’s harsh winter conditions just yet, you can still throw on a jacket in exchange for electronics, and spend a couple of hours getting some well-needed fresh air. Here are a few outdoor activities to try this spring break:
- Inflate the bike tires and go for a quick bike ride down the block
- Set up the tent in the backyard and reenact last summer’s camping trip
- Make giant bubbles
- Transfer the indoor forts and reconstruct them into castles outside
- Go on a bug-hunting adventure
- Start planting flowers for your garden
Get Out of The House
Did the cold, frigid temperatures force everyone in your family to become homebodies this winter? Spring break is the perfect opportunity to break away from the routine and do something outside of the house. Plan for the best staycation and create lasting memories by visiting some of the best places near Monroe! Take a family field trip to:
- The Adventure Park. Challenge your kids’ adventure and let them take their tree-climbing skills up a notch.
- Rockin Jump Trumbull. A few hours at a trampoline park will exert plenty of energy, and make for a quiet drive home.
- Silverman’s Farm. Did you miss your chance to feed the animals and pick your own fruit and veggies? Take a quick road trip to the beautiful farmer’s market in Easton.
In addition, you can also do the following activities with your children to boost their creativity:
- Create and paint pottery
- See a movie (or two). Spend the afternoon at the movie theater and treat the kids to the latest movie
- Now that it’s been a few months since the holidays have passed, spend a day or two visiting grandparents and other relatives
Tour Your Town
Whether you’re a longtime resident of Monroe, or you just moved here, spring break is a great time to explore the city with your kids. Search for walking tours or create one of your own. Learn the history and find new places to visit on the weekends.
Get Ready For Easter
Many school districts plan spring breaks to coincide with Easter. If your child’s spring break falls before Easter, take this time to dye Easter eggs and keep their imagination active by coming up with fun Easter crafts. Bake delicious sugar cookies, decorate Easter baskets, and paint beautiful pictures of bunnies and springtime flowers.
Take a Family Picnic
We can only hope that Monroe sees some warm weather during spring break. If we do happen to get such luck, then a family picnic at the park is a must! Of course, pack your favorite picnic snacks and a big blanket. Bring a frisbee along and let the afternoon unwind carelessly. Be sure to bring the camera too! Days like these don’t come by too often; you’ll want to be able to document it and look back on years from now!
Child’s World Academy loves any opportunity we get to spend with your kids, but we encourage parents and families to cherish these moments together. Spring break only comes by once a year, and despite a potentially chilly spring break, we hope you get the chance to get outdoors and enjoy your time with your family.
If you live in the Monroe area and you’re seeking a child care center that thrives on positivity, fun, and loads of learning then give us a call to schedule a tour of our child care facility. Ready to register? Enroll your child in Child’s World Academy now!